Growing up if you walked through the kitchen at 5:00 there was a very good chance of my mother saying, “Can I ask you to make the salad dressing?” Which meant make the salad dressing. I always hated being asked. I don’t know why. It was probably a teen entitlement thing. I was entitled to enjoy a good salad but never participate in the process. Anyway, this is a great, simple, I have most of the ingredients on hand, vinaigrette. I made it last night to accompany our weekly serving of Papa Murphy's and Two Buck for Three Bucks Chuck.
This recipe comes from a late 70’s or early 80’s edition of Be Milwaukee’s Guest a Junior League cookbook. Which if you are ever perusing cookbooks at a thrift store, which is a great place to find them, and see a Junior League cookbook, grab it. I have always had great luck with them, and by great luck I mean two go-to recipes. I know that there should be more than two to warrant shelf space, especially since I have the go-to recipes typed up on the computer, but it is a family trait to hang on to things forever. The 1987 Gatherings from the Junior League of Milwaukee and their more recent, An Occasion to Gather,2004 are also very good.
Italian Salad Dressing
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or a pinch of oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
Combine dry ingredients with vinegar. Whisk in oil slowly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment