Samantha of "Bewitched" had Cousin Serena. The Kilted Cafe has Cousin Katie. The fab cousin/friend who calls up and says, "What's Buzzin' Cousin?" There is always something buzzin' with Cousin Katie whether it be a trip to Cabo with the girls, a new chick lit book to recommend, preferably a Brit chick lit book (I am certain she has Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella in her well manicured hands as I type), a comedic Easter brunch replay on her disappointment at French people who only want to sing sad French songs at kareoke in FRANCE, or an update on puppy Carlie, the dry wall excavating blond bombshell at her house.
If I ever need a new appetizer to pass I call Cousin Katie. Most recently I served this at the first of many 40th Birthday parties to take place amongst my people this year. The eight thirtysomething women hovering over the Corning Ware dish gave it high marks.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 8 oz cream cheese (light)
1/2 cup Jimmy's extra chunky bleu cheese dressing (blue jar in refrigerator section)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce (I used 1/3 of a cup and it had the right amount of kick)
Top with cheese (optional- Katie uses monetary jack)
Warm for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees and serve with chips (ie: Fritos Scoops) or crackers
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment